- Different in more ways than one
Here you will find the manual “Different in More Ways Than One: Providing Guidance for Teenagers on Their Way to Identity, Sexuality and Respect” which was made by a European project-team called “TRIANGLE” (Transfer of Information to Combat Discrimination
- "The Riddle": new anti-homophobia message from UN human rights office
The video, called "The Riddle", has been developed and produced in collaboration with the Purpose Foundation.
- Making Your School Safe
This Irish campaign uses posters uses posters and postcards “(S)he’s gay and we are cool with that” that establish the school's commitment that homophobic bullying is not acceptable in their school.
- Dissertation: Towards GLBTQ Equity in Schools: Teachers as Counter-Heteronormative Agents
This book is a doctoral dissertation based on groundbreaking research on the possibilities and limitations to foster teacher empowerment and promote Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer (GLBTQ) educational equity in schools.
- Report: "School is Out?!"
The European research project 'Experiences of Children from Rainbow Families in School' conducted by researchers in Germany, Slovenia and Sweden focuses on the experiences of children growing up with LGBTQ-parents/in rainbow families in the school context
- Study: The silence is crying: homophobia at school, a qualitative study in primary public school in Brasil
Early 2012 Toni Reis defended his doctoral thesis 'O silêncio está gritando: a homofobia no ambiente escolar, um estudo qualitativo no ensino fundamental de escolas públicas em Curitiba, Paraná'.
- 25 Questions About Sexual Orientation
Manual '25 questions about sexual orientation: how to address same-sex sexual and emotional orientation in education.'
- New video message on LGBT human rights by UN human rights chief Navi Pillay
United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights, Navi Pillay, released a video showing the road to the gay rights debate at the United Nations.
- Council of Europe: European study on the human rights situation of LGBT people
The Council of Europe launches its first and comprehensive European study on the human rights situation of lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans people to date.
- Dutch Research on Transgenders and Work, A Study by Paul Vennix
Paul Vennix, researcher at the dutch Rutgers Nisso Groep, published a study on Transgenders and Work.
- Faith in America Releases New Report: Addressing Religious Arguments to Achieve LGBT Equality
Faith in America released its ground breaking new report calling upon LGBT organizations and individuals to adopt powerful new messaging and strategies designed to attack religion-based bigotry as the biggest obstacle to achieving full equality.
- Homophobia in schools in the Andes: the case of Peru and Chile
The general education laws of Peru and Chile promote respect for diversity and nondiscrimination. Education reform in Chile 1996 - promotes the development of conduct of respect for cultural diversity and gender.
- Report of the United Nations Special Rapporteur on the right to education
The UN Special Rapporteur on education, Mr. Kishore Singh, has presented his report to the Third Committee of the UN General Assembly in New York.
- Social Policy Report: Safe Schools Policy for LGBTQ Students
Two proposed U.S. federal laws would provide explicit protection for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and questioning (LGBTQ) students in public schools.
- Extensión de ciudadanía y Movilización social: El sector LGBT en Colombia, 2000-2008.
Sexualidad y género, Exclusión e inclusión social, Acción colectiva, Movilización social y Ciudadanía.
- LES Online
New online Journal LES Online aims to promote studies and scientific research as well as intervention projects and opinion pieces related to different aspects of lesbian issues.
- GLAAD 2008 Beijing Olympic Games Resource Kit
GLAAD developed a small toolkit to encourage journalists to report fair, accurate and inclusive manner on LGBT angles during the China Olypic Games
- Outgames subsidises developing world participants
Human rights conference at the games empowers LGBT individuals to confront discrimination in their home countries
- Walter Trochez: Escritos desde la resistencia
Sale hoy a la difusion gratuita los escritos del activista gay asesinado Walter Trochez.
- Introduction on religious fundamentalism
Characterisation of religious fundamentalism
- Video: “Due volte genitori” (“Parents reborn”)
This documentary looks straight into the heart of the family as it adjust to the news that their son or daughter is homosexual.
- A Media for Diversity
A guide for better reporting on LGBT issues
- HRW Report: LGBT Rights Movement: Progress and Visibility Breed Backlash
Lead LGBT rights defenders Need more resources and broader support.
- Gay Student Voted Prom Queen
A gay student at his Los Angeles high school was elected Prom Queen. What started out as a stunt ended in a heated discussion on campus about gender roles.
- Austrian Research shows Importance of Addressing Gender Identity and Gender Non-Conformity in Suicide Prevention
A research by M. Plöderl and R. Fartacek from the Suicide Prevention Research Program in Salzburg, Austria shows the importance of addressing gender identity and gender non-conformity in suicide prevention.
- ‘Treatments’ to make homosexual people heterosexual: collected stories and research
A new website is launched that published stories on how treatments, mainly in the UK, were conducted aiming to make homosexual people heterosexual.
- Visually challenged Indian entrepeneur makes movie about homosexuality
Karan Goel is a visually impaired CEO who made a movie showing the dilemma of LGBT people in India.
- Immigration and Homosexuality: Health and Rights in Italy - a Guide
This brief guide is prevalently addressed to non-EU individuals present in Italy who are gay, lesbian, and transsexual or, generally, those who have relationships with individuals of the same sex.
- What are you staring at?
Polish gay rights organization CAH carried out a social adds campaign in Warsaw March 2007
- Shocking New Vision Uganda article: Homosexual admits recruiting students
An article on the New Vision Uganda website from March 23rd, 2009, describes how “cured” homosexuals publicly announce they were paid to recruit young children for the “homosexual cause”.
- Fifty-third session of the Commission on the Status of Women
The fifty-third session of the Commission on the Status of Women took place at the United Nations Headquarters in New York from 2 to 13 March 2009.
- What the Bible says and means about homosexuality
Ontario Consultants on Religious Tolerance is a multi-faith organisation with 5 volunteers with different religious beliefs. The members publish articles on the OCRT website in wide range of religious topics.
- “MODIDI”, What it Means to be a Lesbian or Bisexual Woman in Italian Health Services
The First Broad Research on the Health of Lesbian and Bisexual Women in Italy.
- Human Rights Handbook for Civil Society Organisations
New OHCHR publication: “Working with the United Nations Human Rights Programme: A Handbook for Civil Society”.
- WSF: Women's Assembly
World Social Forum 2009: Women's Assembly Declaration.
- EU Employment Anti-Discrimination Posters
The EU has launched the “For Diversity. Against Discrimination” campaign and has planned to print three posters aimed broadly at employees and young people.
- La Hipersexualidad
Hipersexualidad se le denomina comúnmente Ninfomanía y en los hombres se llama Satiriasis
- DECLARACIÓN UNIVERSAL DE LOS DERECHOS SEXUALES
Declaración aprobada por la Asamblea General de la Asociación Mundial de Sexología, WAS, el 26 de agosto de 1999, en el 14º Congreso Mundial de Sexología, Hong Kong.
- Andropausia y sexualidad. ¿Una paradoja?
- UK: School Matters - Challenging Homophobia
Homophobic bullying leads to more gay, lesbian and bisexual pupils playing truant and leaving school earlier than their heterosexual counterparts. Only six per cent of schools have specific policies to tackle the problem.
- New IGLYO summer magazine on LGBTQ and Education
This publication gathers many looks on educational issues. LGBTQ Education is seen as fundamental, whenever it comes to LGBTQ rights.
- Materials from the Vancouver, Canada School Board
Q&A info about LGBT education and school safety in English, Chinese, Vietnamese, Filipino, French, Korean, and Punjabi
- Ijime (Bullying) in Japanese Schools: A Product of Japanese Education Based on Group Conformity
Ijime (bullying) has become a common practice among Japanese school children today. It is usually the case that an individual who is labelled as 'different' is picked on, and that the majority of classmates stand against the individual.
- Le respect, c'est Mutuel-le
Guide on sexual diversity for students in France.